The following rules have been established for landscape irrigation with reclaimed water:
- Landscape irrigation with reclaimed water shall occur according to the most recent Reclaimed Water Irrigation Schedule posted on the City’s website
- Application of reclaimed water for landscape irrigation shall occur no more than 30 minutes per zone, and shall result in no more than ¾ inch of reclaimed water per irrigation period
- During non-irrigation periods, all landscape irrigation control systems shall be set to the “Auto” mode or “Off,” such that reclaimed water service for the City connection shall be unavailable to the point of application.
- Persons found to have landscape irrigation control systems set to irrigate during non-irrigation periods are considered to be in violation of the Schedule, and subject to the penalties described herein.
- Irrigation systems may be operated anytime reclaimed water is available for maintenance and repair purposes not to exceed ten (10) minutes per hour per zone.
Violation of any provision of the rules shall be subject to the following penalties:
- First Violation - written warning
- Second Violation - written warning
- Third Violation - $50 fine (written citation)
- Fourth Violation - $125 fine (written citation) and discontinuation of reclaimed water service which requires a $25 reconnection fee for a total fine of $150 for this violation
- Fifth Violation - $475 fine (written citation) and discontinuation of reclaimed water service which requires a $25 reconnect fee for a total fine of $500 for this violation