Summary of Actions
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS
February 6, 2018
Roll Call. Six members were present, with Council Member Gaffney granted an excused absence.
Introduction of New Employee. Public Works Director Mark Piccarillo introduced new Water Distribution Worker Ahmed Taha, who started with the City on January 17, 2018.
Citizens Leadership Class. Mayor Hal Rose presented certificates to the 2017-2018 Citizens Leadership Class.
First Quarter Beautification Award. Council Member Andrea Young and Mayor Hal Rose presented the first quarter Beautification Award to Eric Meyers with East Coast Diesel at 1245 Dorchester Avenue.
Certificate of Completion for Institute for Elected Municipal Officials. Mayor Hal Rose presented a Certificate of Completion to Council Member Pat Bentley for completing the Institute for Elected Municipal Officials (IEMO) IV: Municipal Leadership.
Application for FFY 2017 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). Council held a public hearing and received comment on the application for CDBG funds from the Florida Small Cities grant program, and then approved, 6-0, to 1) proceed with a FFY 2017 Community Development Block Grant in the regular category focusing on the infrastructure program; and 2) proceed with a FFY 2017 Community Development Block Grant in the Economic Development Category should an eligible project be identified.
Consent Agenda. Council approved, 6-0, the following:
- Approved the Regular City Council meeting minutes for Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
- Approved and authorized the Mayor to sign an underground easement for Florida Power & Light primary conduit at West Melbourne Community Park.
- Awarded the contract for paving around the new fuel island and storage bins at the Public Works facilities to Adrian Turnbaugh Construction, Inc., in the amount of $24,640.00.
- Approved the purchase of 6 mobile police radios, 4 portable police radios, radio accessories, 10 Tasers, Taser accessories, and 10 Watchguard in-car video systems.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2018-03 approving position reclassification in the Finance Department from a Part-Time Customer Service Representative to a Full-Time Customer Service Representative.
- Accepted the First Quarter FY2018 Budget Status Report.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2018-02 officially naming the private internal roadways in the Aventine Apartments as Aventine Drive, Gazebo Circle, Antigo Way, Bergamot Lane and Caplan Road.
Replat of Coastal Commerce’s Tract G. Council approved, 6-0, the replat of the commercial subdivision known as Coastal Commerce with the conditions that the City be provided an executed copy of the mortgage joinder consenting to the replat and that private stormwater drainage easements be preserved until each site is developed with its own stormwater conveyance system.
Professional Engineering Task Order for Stormwater Storage Project. Council authorized, 6-0, the City Manager to execute the professional engineering task order for seeking external funding for potentially developing a new stormwater basin on City-owned property at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Lift Station Rehabilitation Projects. Council approved, 6-0, awarding a contract to Danus Utilities, Inc., in the amount of $280,483 to rehabilitate three sewer lift stations.
Appointment to the Planning and Zoning Board. Council approved, 6-0, the appointment of George Cronin to fill a vacancy on the Planning and Zoning Board to complete an unexpired term ending November 2018.
Repair, Removal and/or Replace Damaged Palm Trees. Council moved to table further action on the damaged palm trees along I-95 at U.S. 192 until a more in-depth plan can be developed for future maintenance.
First Amendment to Impact Fee Agreement Regarding Palm Bay Road and Durham Drive/Riviera Drive Intersection Improvements. Council approved, 6-0, the First Amendment to Agreement to Vesting for Transportation Concurrency, Transportation Impact Fee Reimbursement and Disbursement of Local Funding Reimbursement Agreement Proceeds.
For additional information on these matters, call the City Clerk’s office at 321-837-7774. City Council will meet again on Tuesday, February 20, 2018, after which this page will be updated.