Summary of Actions
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS
April 7, 2015
Budget Workshop #2 – Initial Listing of Potential Priority Programs and Projects for 2015-2016. Council conducted a workshop to develop a listing of potential priority programs and projects for inclusion in the proposed Fiscal Year 2015-2016 budget.
Consent Agenda. Council unanimously approved the following:
Introduction of New City Employee. Deputy City Manager/Public Works Director Keith Mills introduced Public Works Maintenance Worker Michael Zukowski, who started with the City on March 20, 2015.
Second Quarter Beautification Award. Council Member Andrea Young presented a Beautification Award to McDonald’s, #18993.
Letter Carriers Food Drive Day Proclamation. Mayor Hal Rose presented a proclamation proclaiming May 9, 2015, as “Letter Carriers Food Drive Day” in the City of West Melbourne.
Minton Cove Large Scale Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment. Council held a public hearing and unanimously approved Ordinance No. 2015-05, adopting the removal of the Palm Bay Road Overlay on DR Horton’s Minton Cove property.
Ordinance Adopting Official Municipal Seal of the City of West Melbourne. Council held a public hearing and unanimously approved Ordinance No. 2015-06.
- The Regular City Council meeting minutes for Tuesday, March 17, 2015.
- Appointment of Bernard Letzinger to the Business Advisory Board with a term expiring November 2015.
- Resolution No. 2015-08 amending the adopted 2014-2015 Police Department budget to increase budgeted revenues and expenditures in an equal amount.
- A reduction in the performance bond for Sawgrass Lakes Phase 1 to $813,009.04 contingent upon execution of water and sewer maintenance bonds.
- Developer’s Agreement for Cumberland Farms Store to be built at John Rodes Boulevard and New Haven Avenue.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year ended September 30, 2014. Council received the audit presentation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the Fiscal Year ended September 30, 2014.
Cannova Park CDBG Neighborhood Waterline Replacement Project. Council unanimously awarded the bid for the Cannova Park CDBG Neighborhood Waterline Replacement Project to Young’s Communication Co., Inc., in the amount of $867,169.13.
Purchase of two Ford Pickup Trucks for the Public Works Department and one Ford Pickup Truck with utility body for the Water Department. Council unanimously approved the purchase of two 2015 F-150 1/2 ton Ford Pickup Trucks in the amount of $39,657.00 from Don Reid Ford and the purchase of one 2015 F-250 3/4 ton Ford Pickup Truck in the amount of $25,196.50 from Alan Jay Ford Lincoln through the Sheriff’s Association piggyback bid.
Storm Sewer Pipe Lining. Council unanimously approved approximately 860 feet of storm sewer pipe lining within the City, to be performed by Insituform Technologies, Inc., in the amount of $92,102.71.
Sanitary Sewer Pipe Lining and Manhole Repair. Council unanimously approved:
1. The lining of approximately 3,100 feet of sanitary sewer pipe on U.S. 192, Frederick Avenue, and Martin Lane, to be performed by Insituform Technologies, Inc. in the amount of $129,254.57.
2. The repair of five sewer manholes on U.S. 192, to be performed by Insituform Technologies, Inc., in the amount of $16,847.32.
Acceptance of Lowe’s Area Parcels from Brevard County. Council unanimously accepted from Brevard County certain properties in the vicinity of the Lowe’s at New Haven and Minton.
Conveyance of County-Donated Property to Lowe’s Home Centers, LLC to Support Area Redevelopment. Council unanimously adopted Resolution No. 2015-07 authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Lowe’s Home Centers, LLC for the use of a surplus parcel as part of the redevelopment of the shopping center.
For additional information on these matters, call the City Clerk’s office at 321-837-7774. City Council will meet again on Tuesday, April 21, 2015, after which this page will be updated.