Summary of Actions
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS
July 21, 2015
Proclamation for the Give A Little Hope Foundation. Mayor Hal Rose presented a proclamation recognizing the efforts of the Give A Little Hope Foundation.
Proclamation for National Night Out. Mayor Hal Rose presented a proclamation proclaiming August 4, 2015, as “National Night Out” in the City of West Melbourne.
Introduction of Police Officers Jenna Hughes and Shane Popa. Police Chief Rick Wiley introduced two new Police Officers who started with the City on July 13, 2015.
Wesley Groves Large Scale Comprehensive Plan Map Amendment. Council held a public hearing and approved, by a 6-1 vote with Deputy Mayor Mettrick opposing, Ordinance No. 2015-09, adopting the future land use of Low Density Residential on Wesley United Methodist’s property at 2750 Minton Road.
Rezoning for Annexed Properties at 2750 Minton Road. Council held a public hearing and approved, by a 6-1 vote with Deputy Mayor Mettrick opposing, Ordinance No. 2015-11, providing a City of West Melbourne Zoning of R-1A (Single-family) to 18.29 acres.
Comprehensive Plan Text Amendments to the Multi-Modal and Housing Elements. Council held a public hearing and approved, by a 4-3 vote with Council Members Young, Tice and Smith opposing, Ordinance No. 2015-10 amending the Multi-Modal Element and Housing Element policies related to gated communities.
Square Footage Revision in the C-1A Zoning District. Council held a public hearing and unanimously approved Ordinance No. 2015-13 approving the revisions to Land Development Regulations Section 98-402.
Rezoning of the Property Located at 1525 S. Wickham Road. Council held a public hearing and unanimously approved Ordinance No. 2015-14, rezoning 1525 S. Wickham Road to C-1A, Professional Offices and Services.
Consent Agenda. Council unanimously approved the following:
- The Regular City Council meeting minutes for Tuesday, June 16, 2015.
- The Special City Council meeting minutes for Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
- The dedication of water distribution system and sanitary sewer system improvements associated with the West Melbourne Interchange project.
- The dedication of water distribution system and sanitary sewer system improvements associated with the Bill’s Carwash project.
- The 2015-2016 School Resource Officer Agreement to assign a Police Officer as School Resource Officer to Central Middle School for a period of not more than 190 days during the new school year.
- Resolution No. 2015-15 authorizing the City Manager to finalize permit documents and execute an agreement with the State of Florida Department of Transportation for two gateway signs (landscaping, electrical, signs, irrigation) at the interchange of I-95 and New Haven Avenue.
Code Enforcement Board Vacancy Appointment. Council unanimously approved to appoint Robert Luber as an alternate member to the Code Enforcement Board whose term will expire November 2015.
Position Reclassification. Council unanimously adopted Resolution No. 2015-14 approving the reclassification of Information Technology Officer to a classification of Information Technology Director.
Quail Run, Taco Bell, Scum Pit, and Target Lift Station Rehabilitation Projects. Council unanimously approved awarding the bid for construction of the Quail Run, Taco Bell, Scum Pit, and Target Lift Station Rehabilitation Projects to Danus Utilities, Inc., in the bid amount of $296,930.00.
Water Rate Adjustment. Council unanimously introduced Ordinance No. 2015-15 reducing certain water service charges and increasing water consumption rates, effective November 1, 2015, and set the matter for public hearing and adoption on August 18, 2015.
Establishment of Proposed 2015-2016 Millage Rate for Public Hearing Advertisement. Council approved, by a 4-3 vote with Mayor Rose and Council Members Eley and Tice opposing, establishing a proposed millage rate of 2.4633 per thousand dollars of taxable value for the purposes of advertising a September 10, 2015, public hearing to consider adopting a tentative 2015-2016 budget and proposed millage rate for 2015-2016.
For additional information on these matters, call the City Clerk’s office at 321-837-7774. City Council will meet again on Tuesday, August 18, 2015, after which this page will be updated.