Summary of Actions
SUMMARY OF ACTIONS
August 18, 2015
Vacation of Utility Easement Near Host Realty. Council held a public hearing and unanimously approved Resolution No. 2015-18 vacating a 10’ and 20’ wide public utility easement in the vicinity of 3155 West New Haven Avenue.
Wesley Groves Preliminary Plat. Council held a public hearing and unanimously approved the preliminary plat for the Wesley Groves subdivision.
Annexation of Adjacent Lots to Sawgrass Lakes. Council held a public hearing and unanimously approved the first reading of Ordinance No. 2015-16, annexing lots in June Park Addition No. 3 plat that are located on the north side of Sawgrass Lakes Subdivision, adjacent to the new subdivision, and set the matter for public hearing and adoption on September 10, 2015.
Digital Billboard Sign Code Revision. Council held a public hearing and approved, by a 6-1 vote with Council Member Tice opposing, to table discussion until the September 22, 2015 meeting.
Water Rate Adjustment. Council held a public hearing and unanimously adopted Ordinance No. 2015-15 reducing water service charges and increasing water consumption rates effective November 1, 2015.
Consent Agenda. Council unanimously approved the following:
- The Regular City Council meeting minutes for Tuesday, July 21, 2015.
- The Special City Council meeting minutes for Saturday, August 1, 2015.
- The dedication of water distribution system improvements associated with the Pineapple Cove Academy.
- The Third Quarter 2014-2015 Budget Status Report.
- Resolution No. 2015-16 establishing a new classification of Police Records Technician
- The updated Interlocal Agreement with Brevard County for address assignment services and authorized the Mayor to execute the agreement on behalf of the City.
- Resolution No. 2015-17 adopting the Brevard County Local Mitigation Strategy (LMS) Plan.
City Attorney Employment Agreement. Council unanimously approved an employment agreement with Morris Richardson to serve as the West Melbourne’s City Attorney effective September 1, 2015, and authorized the Mayor to execute the agreement on behalf of the City Council.
Guidelines for Discretionary Consideration of Gated Communities. Council unanimously approved Resolution No. 2015-19 providing City Council with criteria for determining approval of new gated communities to be consistent with the policies in the Multi-Modal Element and Housing Element of the City’s Comprehensive Plan. Council then unanimously approved for the Wesley Groves subdivision to be a gated community based on that subdivision meeting the points criteria.
Ordinance Updating City Employee and City Employee Candidate Criminal Background Check. Council unanimously approved the first reading of Ordinance No. 2015-17, and set the matter for public hearing and adoption on September 10, 2015.
For additional information on these matters, call the City Clerk’s office at 321-837-7774. City Council will meet again on Thursday, September 10, 2015, after which this page will be updated.