Recreation Department Upcoming Events
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony- Friday November 30, 2018 from 5-7 pm. Our 26 foot Christmas Tree will be lit, Harbor City Dance Band will play Christmas music, Santa will be there to hand out gift bags and there will be free hot chocolate and Christmas Cookies. Lighting will take place at West Melbourne Community Park located at 3000 Minton Rd. See the
- West Melbourne Community Park Concert Series - Starting January 3, 2019, West Melbourne Recreation will start our Concert in the Park Series. Our first feature band will be "The Spring" The Spring is a FL based Alternative Rock band that cleverly blends beautiful melody lines mixed with colorful leads, that permeate your speakers, and makes it hard not to sing along. Last year the band won the WFIT 89.5 original band competition, granting them a headlining spot at the Sonic Waves Music Festival, as well as a performance live on air. After releasing ''Ebb and Flow'' Main stage performance opportunities arose, such as performing at the Lake Eola Amphitheatre in Orlando. Shortly after the release of single ''Truth & Desire'' the band got the opportunity to share the stage with Grammy Award Winning band WAR. The Spring plans to release more music in the coming months.
- Sharing their time on stage will be "Gary Lazer Eyes". Gary Lazer Eyes was born as an excuse to party. This dingy yet danceable, sub-tropical indie band soon evolved into a passion project that's seen stages near and far; from Texas to NYC, from hole-in-the-wall dive joints to main stages at reputable music and art festivals. These stages have often been shared with bands that have influenced their sound from the beginning. Despite the experiences and success that the Gary boys have found themselves, it's all still an excuse to party.Gary Lazer Eyes is Austin Young, Sean Gray, and Stephen Gillen. With the addition of Joe Capati and Chris Jones in 2017, it's become apparent that the party's just started. And still, no one is named Gary.
- West Melbourne Community Market - We will feature local art, crafts and homemade items. If you are interested in being a vendor, call Sandi @ 321.837.7779. View the
- Yoga Class - Wednesday Evenings at 5:15 p.m. Come out and enjoy the gentle yoga techniques that Marie teaches in her morning classes. View our flyer (PDF).
- Looking for Instructors - We are looking for instructors to teach classes mostly in the morning hours, but also have other days/times available. Call the Recreation Department at 321-837-7779.
- Line Dance with Betsy on Mondays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Line Dancing 101. 7:30-9 p.m.-Intermediate Line dance. View more details (PDF).
- Tai Chi and Qigong with Marie on Mondays and Wednesday mornings at 9 a.m.. Achieve many health benefits without a lot of physical activity. View more details (PDF). Marie also hosts Gentle Yoga Thursdays at 10:30 a.m., followed by Chair Yoga at 11:45 a.m. View more details (PDF).